Jennifer and James were married at Magnolia Manor just outside of Knoxville, TN. After shooting Jennifer’s sister, Julie’s wedding in Nashville last year, I seriously feel like part of their family! My favorite part of the day was seeing just how precious and tender James is with Jenn. So sweet!
Jennifer answered a few questions about planning, vendors, and her journey to wedded bliss with James.
View their engagement session here.
1. Favorite and least favorite part of planning: FAVORITE: I liked the early stages of planning where you can worry about the small details. I really love the website, www.etsy.com, and had fun shopping through the online vendors for some elements to add to our day that I hadn’t seen at a lot of other weddings (i.e. ring bearer bowls from Paloma’s Nest, embroidered handkerchief for dad by Embroidery by Linda, birdseed favors by Nature’s Favors, feather flower hairpin by Powder Blue Bijoux, etc.). LEAST FAVORITE: I was planning our wedding from Pennsylvania, so although I am thankful everything turned out really well in the end, it was hard being so far away.
2. Most memorable moment of our day: The most memorable moment of the day for me was seeing my husband so emotional during our vows. In the 5+ years that we have been together, I have never seen him like that and even now when I think about it I get teary eyed. I also loved the father/daughter dance. My dad has been a member of a band since before I was born, and I had always envisioned he and I dancing to his band playing “My Girl” at my wedding. It turned out exactly as I had imagined (and Shanell captured the most beautiful black and white picture of it!)!
3. what you would change, if anything: The WEATHER! Oh my goodness, was it HOT! We were determined to have an outdoor wedding and hoped that by having it in the evening the temperature would cool down, but unfortunately it did not. However, we were soooo thankful the rain held off and I think eventually everyone got over the heat and had a great time.
4. Where your budget was best spent: definitely photography and flowers!
5. Any advice for future brides: Reserve a moment the morning of your wedding day to take a deep breath and remind yourself to take everything in. It is true what everyone says, it really does go by so so fast. Remember the true reason for the day and be thankful you have everyone you love gathered together in one place…enjoy that!
Tags: absolute salon, allure wedding dress, bledsoe photography, david's bridal, embroidery by Linda, james dokos, jennifer nichols, magnolia manor, Nature's Favors, oliver's catering, palomas nest, Powder Blue Bijoux, wedding at magnolia manor, white lace and promises